HOME     ABout     Contact

10.26.2015

Solidarity Sisters + Meet Erica


Today is another round of Solidarity Sisters and I am so thankful for this match up!  

Susannah matched me with Erica and I have had the best time getting to know her.  Through our weekly emails, we found out we have a few things in common.  We realized we are basically in the same life stage right now: single with no children trying to find our way in the world.  

Please read more about her below




What is your favorite movie of all time and why?
Mystic Pizza is probably my favorite movie of all time.  It’s one of Julia Roberts’s first movies and Matt Damon even has a cameo in.  I define a ‘favorite movie’ as a movie that I can watch over and over and over again without skipping forward through any scenes or without getting bored. With Mystic Pizza I get sucked in every time!


How did you get into blogging and what do you love most about it?
Looking to the Stars is actually my third blog. It’s definitely the most consistent seeing as how I’ve had it for over three years now. I started my first blog back in 2009 and did a few posts, but clearly ended up stopping. My second blog came about in 2011, but never even got one post. L2S began in September 2012 and I love it!

At the time Looking to the Stars came about, I was working at a hotel at the time and managing the evening shift. I was bored a lot! I started this blog to give myself something to do while I was at work and it just took off. I love the blogging community and all of the amazing people I’ve met through it. I never knew about the amazing blogging community with the first two blogs. I’ve met some amazing people from blogging!




Looking back on your life, what are you most proud of?
I am definitely proud of myself for moving to Los Angeles in pursuit of my dream. I wanted to be a Movie Star, so in 2006 I moved to L.A. without knowing anyone out there.  It was definitely scary heading out into the unknown. I learned a lot about myself and the entertainment business. After five years living in Los Angeles, I decided to move back to the east coast. It was really hard being so far away from my family. I’m glad I did it and I don’t regret a single thing.


Are you doing what you love? If not, what would you rather be doing?
I will say that I very much enjoy my job. I get to promote and sell the city I live in and I LOVE where I live! How many people get to do that?  Are there other pursuits that I’d like to be engaged in? Sure! But as far as a job that’s going to keep me up and about, I’m good where I’m at. 






What are some of your favorite things to do when you’re not working?
I love watching movies, reading a good book, scrapbooking, smashbooking, hanging out with my friends. I keep getting more and more interested in health and nutrition, especially the Whole30, so cooking has become something I really enjoy doing.

Favorite food and beverage?
I love breakfast food! Scrambled eggs with pancakes and bacon! Yummy! To drink I’ll have an ice cold Passionfruit La Croix!

What are some of your goals?
My biggest goal right now is to get down to my ‘happy weight’ where my Doctor wants me.  I’d also like to finish this book I’ve been working on!




Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years I’ll be 37 (eek!).  I’d like to be married with a kid (or two…or whatever is in the plan for me). I liked to be out of debt and living in a house that I own! I’d also like to have gone back to school and gotten a degree in nutrition.


What do you wish you had more time to do?
Sleep! Haha! I love to sleep. I wish time could freeze while I slept, so that when I woke up I had the whole day still ahead of me.




If you could go anywhere in the world for 30 days, where would you go and why?
I would definitely go to Europe! England, especially. There are so many places and things in England that I’d like to do. High tea, castles, Jane Austen, the Peter Pan garden, Harrod’s…and so much more!

If you had $10,000 what would you do with it?
I would pay off my credit card and my car. I would pay off my parent’s mortgage.  I would buy a house. I would save the rest!





Hi everyone! I’m Erica, a thirty-something lady living in southern Virginia. I’m a sales manager for my city and I get to promote the beautiful area that I live in. I live in the town where I was ‘raised’ and I couldn’t be happier. 

My family is the most important thing to me and I love them dearly. I’m still searching for Mr. Right, but I have no doubt that when the time is right we’ll find each other.  Looking to the Stars is my little get-away where you’ll find me talking about all sorts of things – Movies, Books, Life, Health/Fitness, Dating, and so much more!

To learn more about Erica, click any of the links below: 


Blog  |  Instagram  |  Twitter   |  Pinterest   |  Facebook





If you want to get matched up with your own Solidarity Sister, click the image right above this to go to Susannah's blog.  Once you are there, just fill out the questionnaire and soon you will be emailed with your match! I am signing up again for the third time and can't wait to meet my SS, it could be you! 


P.S.  If you want to read my answers to the questions that Erica answered above, click here.


8 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I've seen Mystic Pizza. Why is it so good? Because it is sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've NEVER seen it. Guess that's something I need to do ASAP, huh? :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, I love Erica! Visiting your blog from her post introducing you. The blogging community is the best. :) Can't wait to read more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Mia!! Thank you for becoming a new follower of mine; you have no idea how much I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm SO glad you love the Solidarity Sisters! It makes my heart so happy to see that you're signing up again!!!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved getting to know these other bloggers. Thank you for setting this up!

      Delete
  4. Visiting from Solidarity Sisters! I love scrapbooking & smashbooking, and I'm about to dive into Project Life-ing starting in 2016!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.