HOME     ABout     Contact

10.13.2015

The Report: October


October has been a roller coaster of a month and we are not even halfway yet.  

I started off the month sitting in a hospital praying for my family member.  The next day I took a couple hours to watch my best friend try on wedding dresses.  Each day this month has brought it's own surprises and challenges; it's been a whirlwind, to say the least.  

October isn't over yet, but here is a condensed version of what is currently happening…






  • I have started to take Whitney's advice and just focus on the next thing, instead of getting overwhelmed by the future.  It's not an easy task, but it's worth it to slow down and reflect. 


  • A family member had triple bypass surgery the first day of October and that set our whole family on edge.  It made me more aware of my health and how I want to do everything in my power to not be in the same position.    


  • The Hi-Stepper Alumni homecoming performance is this Thursday night.  We have new alumni this year so we had to get new shirts.  Since the first practice, my right ankle has been giving me fits so I just hope I can kick high for two minutes.  You can read about last year's performance here 


  • After the dance performance, I leave for the beach for five days.  If you want to follow along on my trip, when I do pick up my phone, on Snapchat: blogsmaidcass.

  • While I know the beach will bring me joy, I found this blog post by Ashten to really help me the past few weeks.  I have fallen into a slump with just normal day to day life so it was nice to read some tips on how to break out of it.  Read those tips here

  • I signed up for a second round of Solidarity Sisters and I have loved getting to know Erica.  It's hard to find bloggers these days who are in the exact same season of life as you are, so our emails have been a blessing. Go visit her blog and say hello!



  • In my spare time, I have been planning a 30th birthday party for a friend in New Orleans, making baskets (post coming soon!), working/trying not to get too stressed about it, and filling up my new Lilly Pulitzer planner with my revolving door of events.  



  • One Instagram event that I am so glad is back is #morethanaframe!  I cannot wait to join Cassie and Amber for the next six weeks and see how everyone uses the specific words.  I also can't wait to encourage, comment, and build community with others.  Just in case you want to see my posts, you can find me on Instagram @Alwaysablogsmaid. 



  • Tis the season for...ENGAGEMENTS.  My best friend got engaged at Disneyworld a few weeks ago and I found out that my blogger friend, Amy, got engaged over the weekend.  But I can't forget Whitney's 'sweet' proposal from August either.  All that to say, I am officially back in wedding season and it kicks off with an engagement Halloween party at the end of the month.  



  • I got my hair dyed darker on Saturday to accommodate this outfit below.  Unfortunately, Party City wanted $90.00 for an itchy sleeved, poorly made gown so I am having to DIY this outfit.  Has anyone ever been Snow White? Please leave a comment below, if you have!






October may have started off really scary for my family, but I think it's gonna end with lots of sugar and sweetness.  


P.S. ​The Report is a new series I'm starting once a month to list things and events that are currently happening in my life.  
Please feel free to tell me your monthly report in the comment section below.  







2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy my post helped you! Thank you for sharing. I hope things get better soon. You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashten! I think they are. :)

      Delete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.