HOME     ABout     Contact

1.26.2016

Solidarity Sisters + Meet Cat!


Today is my third round of Solidarity Sisters and I cannot wait for you to meet, Cat!

She is a sweet and down to earth California girl.  We can relate to each other on many things; especially drama free friendships.  I asked her the same questions Erica asked me back in October, so please get to know Cat below...




What is your favorite movie of all time and why?

I always struggle with questions like this, partly because I love so many movies. Some of my absolute favorites are Jurassic Park, Jaws, Soul Surfer, Pride & Prejudice (the Kiera Knightley & Matthew MacFadyen version), and just about any Disney movie. I think I just love dinosaurs and the ocean. I’m actually watching Jurassic Park as I write this. I really love Soul Surfer because it is based on a true story and Bethany Hamilton is truly an inspiration, to get attacked by a shark and still become a top professional surfer. And how can you resist Mr. Darcy?! 


How did you get into blogging and what do you love most about it?

I decided to try blogging because I love writing and thought it would be a nice creative outlet. I love being able to look back and remember stuff we’ve done and how differently I look at everything since becoming a blogger. We should do this/go there because that would make a great post! And I take a lot more pictures so I can share on Instagram and on the blog. I was so worried about telling my boyfriend and family, but they all surprised me with how supportive they have been. My boyfriend most of all, because he’s always saying stuff would make a great blog post (maybe that’s his way of talking me into doing things!). I also love all the friendships I’ve made!





Looking back on your life, what are you most proud of?

There’s a lot I wish I could go back and redo in my life, like trying harder in school, going away to college instead of only applying to the local state school, and being more dedicated & focused to everything (school mostly). But I am most proud of my accomplishments in my horse back riding. I had taken some time off after my parents got divorced but I missed it too much and got another horse. It actually made my parents start talking again because they both wanted to hang out with me at horse shows so they would have to be around each other. It taught me a lot of responsibility and discipline and what hard work really is.


Are you doing what you love? If not, what would you rather be doing?

Yay school! Just kidding. I’m still a student (so obviously I’d rather be doing something else) but my boyfriend and I agreed that I should focus on finishing school and he would support us until then. I’m almost done thankfully. I’m not really sure what I want to do for a career. I’d love to do something from home so I can spend time with my family (for now just my boyfriend and my fur babies). I had wanted to become a horse trainer but that requires a lot of money that I don’t have to get started. 


 
What are some of your favorite things to do when you’re not working?

I love to do anything outdoors! I grew up with four older brothers so I’m a pretty big tomboy. Thankfully my boyfriend loves the outdoors too. I love riding my horses or my dirt bike and going camping or spending time at the lake or the beach. I’ve always loved shooting with my dad, but my boyfriend has hunted since he was a kid and got me into it too! I want to get back into archery and try bow hunting sometime. 


Favorite food and beverage?

My favorite food is pasta with butter and parmesan cheese. It’s my comfort food, it’s my go to meal any time I’m not feeling well or am too lazy to put effort into cooking. But being in California, I love a good burrito. And In-N-Out.. My favorite beverage is chocolate milk! 
 

What are some of your goals?

As far as my blog, I’d love to grow my followers to it and on my social media and maybe turn it into a successful career! Personal goals… I would like to work out more, buy a house in the next year or two, and finish school! I want to travel more, and I’m so excited my boyfriend and I get to travel to some new places this year!


Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I see myself married (hopefully to my boyfriend) and moved out of the San Francisco Bay Area. It’s just too expensive to stay here. We’d love to move somewhere more remote in the country. I’d love to live on a horse property with some acreage. I see myself with a great job/career where I can work from home. I see myself with several horses (and other ranch animals) and more dogs and cats. Most importantly, I see myself happy and loving life!




What do you wish you had more time to do?

I wish I had more time for everything. I’d love to have more time to get homework done, but let’s be honest… I’d still put it off until the last minute and want more time. I would like more time to visit with my family. My brothers all live in New York and Chicago and I hardly get to see them or spend time with them. I’d love to be able to spend more time with them. I’d also love more time to ride my horses, it’s quite a drive to get out to see them and sometimes I just don’t have the time with school and homework.


If you could go anywhere in the world for 30 days, where would you go and why?

I would love to go travel through Europe, there are so many places that I want to visit. But I feel like to truly appreciate Europe, I’d have to spend longer than 30 days there. Maybe Australia, because I’ve always wanted to go and I think I could probably do a lot of great adventurous activities in 30 days. 


If you had $10,000 what would you do with it?

If I had $10,000 I would probably travel. Or buy a boat! Or a travel trailer. The more I think about it, the more stuff I think that I’d like to buy haha. I’d like to say be smart and invest it, but life is about making memories and going places and doing fun stuff. Maybe I’d open an animal rescue center!





Hi! I’m Cat and I blog over at KittyKittyLaLa, it’s a lifestyle blog and I’m in the process of focusing it and redesigning it a little bit! I’m a huge tomboy (four older brothers will do that to you) and I love the outdoors and going on adventures. But I love fashion and anything pink or sparkly. I live in California with my boyfriend and our fur babies.  Follow along with me!


Instagram: Kittykittylala
Twitter: Kittykitty_Lala
Snapchat: Kittykittylala



If you want to get matched up with your own Solidarity Sister, click the image right above this to go to Susannah's blog.  Once you are there, just fill out the questionnaire and soon you will be emailed with your match! 

I plan on signing up again for the fourth time and can't wait to meet my SS, it could be you! 


7 comments:

  1. Cat - you need to move to central California. Tons of horses, open land, and wayyyy better cost of living ;) Great post! I always love learning more and more about other bloggers. Does that make me nosey? haha
    ~Mattie
    www.mattiesmakings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! My sister & I chose to do an interview style post, too. Your questions are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Mary! I appreciate your feedback! :)

      Delete
  3. It's so awesome meeting your Solidarity Sister! Thanks for always being so involved in the challenges for Solidarity Sisters! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this sisterhood Susannah - thank you for your kind words!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.