HOME     ABout     Contact

2.27.2016

The Report: February



I don't mean this lightly when I say that this month has been the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Even though I celebrated Mandy's birthday and kept a huge secret before hosting a gender reveal for one of my best friends; I cannot fathom how much everything else seemed to go wrong.

The Lord is teaching me that I can make all the plans I want, but things are not going to go that way.  Basically, I have been shocked this month, both good and bad.  Without further ado, here is my report for the month of February:

Fever blisters

This isn't something I ever talk about on the blog; mostly because I get so embarrassed.  I hate the way I look when I get one, so this month has been extremely hard for my self-esteem.  For two weeks (one week off in between) I have had fever blisters/cold sores covering my entire bottom lip - like 5 bumps at a time.  They are extremely painful, gross to look at, and make me feel like I'm a monster. 

To combat them, I have upped my vitamin game.  Bought L-Lysine pills, thanks to The Skinny Confidential's recommendation.  Taking prescription Acyclovir pills. Drinking more water. Getting more sleep.  And putting Abreva/chapstick on my lips multiple times a day.  Also...trying to not stress/take deep breaths but due to some personal issues this month, that was a lot easier said than done.

Jesus Calling - Daily Devotional



One night this month, I got home and saw a package sitting on my bed.  Inside was a 365 day devotional from the dear friend I celebrated her birthday this month.  It was completely unexpected and I end each day with it before praying and going to sleep.  I don't think she knows just how much she has blessed me and I didn't realize how much I would need those verses every day.  It's something I have to read before I go to sleep and I hope that never changes.


My Only Valentine



Valentine's day was very un-eventful this year.   I spent the weekend with a friend who's husband was away for work.  We went to church, had lunch with her mom, and then I drove home.  I came home to one card from my friend Colleen in Tupelo.  It was a sweet surprise.  

I ended up buying myself chocolate and feeling sorry for myself to be another year single on Valentine's day; but that card meant a lot to me and I'm thankful for married friends who think to send me a card on a day that always deflates my spirit. 


A Golf-themed Gender Reveal



Last weekend was my first gender reveal to host for two sweet friends of mine.  The party went off without a hit, well actually there was one hit: the golf ball filled with PINK powder.  I plan to have a full post up soon - on how everything was made/created/done.  I couldn't have done it without help from family and friends, and I cannot wait to meet Baby GIRL Dunlap in July.


What's on your report for February?

The Report is a new series I'm starting once a month to list things and events that are currently happening in my life.  Please feel free to tell me your monthly report in the comment section below.  
To read January's report, click here




2 comments:

  1. Sorry about those fever blisters, lady! Doesn't sound fun. Hoping you're feeling better and that your March is amazing! PS do you recommend that devotional? I'm looking for a daily. I have one for Lent and I want to keep it going. I agree with you: reading every night is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet words, Mary!

    And yes, I highly recommend this devotional! It seems to speak to me every single day - it has the date on each page so God just amazes me by telling me exactly what I need to read every day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.