HOME     ABout     Contact

4.29.2016

The (Delayed) Report: March



1.  Baby Shower Realness 



The Baby Shower on March 5, 2016 reminded me of what truly matters: friendship.  I plan on writing a post about this special day, but right now I am just so happy to be friends with these two special women  and can't wait to meet this little boy.  From bridesmaids to baby shower hostesses, I can't imagine being anywhere else. 


2. Birthdays 






I've always loved birthdays and on the birthday of my friends, I love finding an older picture that reminds me of the feelings I had on that particular photograph.  Two of my best friends had birthdays twenty days apart, and I am so thankful for the roles they play in my life.  Instagram shout-outs are just one way I let them know how much they mean to me, everything from belly laughs to balloon pictures this month. 


3.  The Tiniest Easter Basket 



Every Easter for the past 7 years, I have made my friend Brailyn an Easter basket.  It's one of the many traditions I have with her.  As she gets older,  I want her to know it's not about how big the basket is; Easter is about Jesus and what he sacrificed for us.  I want her to know that even if the baskets/buckets get smaller every year, my love and Jesus's love for her doesn't.  



4.  Quality Time and a Free Pedicure 




The last weekend in March, my friend Lila came to town and we spent that Saturday together eating at Newks, buying new sandals*, and getting pedicures.  We ended up getting the friend discount and I walked out with free polished toes.  I cherish my friendship with Lila so much and I am so glad we make time in our busy schedules to see each other; picking up right where we leave off each time. 

**sandals above are not the ones I bought, even though they clearly fit me.


5.  My First Murder Mystery Dinner 




On March 30, a handful of my best girlfriends invited me to a specific dinner at a restaurant I had never eaten at: Char.  It was a Murder Mystery Dinner and it was probably one of the best Wednesday nights and baked chicken entrees I've had in a long time.  I am especially grateful to the girl in the white jacket; without her, our wonderful night wouldn't have happened.  I can't wait to go to another mystery dinner with The Detectives.  

They travel all around Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida.  To check to see if they are coming to a restaurant near you, go to their website here




The Report is a series I post once a month to list things and events that are currently happening in my life.  Please feel free to tell me your monthly report in the comment section below.  
To read February's report, click here





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.