HOME     ABout     Contact

5.08.2016

29.


A week ago today, I rented a beach chair and spent the day before my birthday relaxing.  
I ended up writing the paragraphs below and I think it explains the transition from 28 to 29 perfectly...


My last day as a 28 year old is semi strange.  I'm taking antibiotics to get rid of strep that has been in my body for two weeks now; but I'm also sitting in a beach chair with an umbrella covering my head. 

28 didn't come with any life changing events:  I'm not a step closer to being someone's wife, being a mother, being a home-owner, or even in the small group of people who have their student loans paid off. 

But what did I learn?  I'm no longer going to people please my way through life.  If I don't want to do something, I don't do it.  If someone doesn't like me?  Oh well.  I don't feel the need to explain myself over and over again to people I've already given so much to; basically, people who just don't get it.  

The last two weeks of 28 have shown me so many things.  I have officially given up Dr. Pepper (and all carbonated drinks, really).  I have found a skincare regimen that finally works, and I have the best group of family and friends a girl could ask for. 

I may be leaving 28 not so great, but I think I'll be feeling fine at 29.  




My best guy friend stopped by before I got on the road to the beach.







Caitlin, Kaylee and I on our first night out to eat at Grazie Italian Grill in Orange Beach, Alabama





45 Minute Wait on food and Caitlin Shoe Shopping 




My view all day on Sunday, May 1st
 (the day before my birthday)




Lunch and Dinner on my 29th birthday…
Two restaurants I had never eaten at before. 




Birthday Snapchat Selfie:  @blogsmaidcass




First official drink of my birthday 




Birthday present from my hairdresser:  free hair color & style - plus a bag filled with my favorite candy, and New Orleans Nail Polish. 




Came home after getting my hair done and this present was waiting on me from my Gulfport family. 



I have no idea what my last year in my twenties holds for me, but I have a feeling it will be a year filled with everything that I love and as always, holding more babies and bouquets.  


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nina! I know this thank you is long overdue; thank you for always supporting my sporadic posting. ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated birthday! I was 28 on the 23rd of this month.. I totally feel you on the people pleasing paragraph. Thanks for that! It made me feel better currently about my situation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nora, I am so glad my words could help! I never realize how much words can help sometimes; thank you for commenting.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.