HOME     ABout     Contact

6.16.2016

A Coffee Date with No Coffee


Disclaimer:  I have been away from this space for a long time now.  I can't thank two bloggers enough for giving me the boost to come back to my little piece of the internet.  I don't know where I'm going after this post, but hopefully I'll get my blogger mojo back.  Please comment below if anything in this post speaks to you. 





If we were on a coffee date at Starbucks, I would order a passion tea lemonade with strawberry syrup because I don't drink coffee.  I hate the smell and taste of it (no matter how much sugar and creamer is in it).  I don't understand it, but it's just who I am.  But I don't mind you drinking it, order the espresso and double of shot of bitterness - I won't judge you. 


If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I avoid the news as much as I can.  I just don't understand how someone could go into a nightclub and completely destroy the lives of innocent people.  I have been in many a nightclub and I have never once feared that while I'm out there dancing I could get shot.  I was only there to dance and have a fun time with my friends.  I have a feeling that's what these individuals in Orlando were doing as well.  I pray for the victims and their families.  It's all senseless and I know it's not going to get any better. 


If we were on a coffee date, I would ask you if you attend a bible study.  I recently joined a bible study with three close friends and it has changed my life for the better (and we are only 2 chapters in).  We are studying from one particular book, The Search for Significance by Robert S. McGee.  I have already learned so much and cannot wait to dig deeper.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you that I really don't understand some relationships.  I am always confused on how someone can end a long term relationship, whether married or dating, and IMMEDIATELY start dating someone new.  Petty or not, I would tell you how I can't stand the quote "I have found the one whom my soul loves" - especially when it's coming from someone on their second engagement session.  It really irritates me when I attended your first wedding and now I'm invited to the second one.  Does anyone in our generation stay together anymore?  And yes, I know this is coming from someone who hasn't dated since 2013.  Please explain if you have any insight.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you how much I love Snapchat, but I feel very inferior when it comes to the app.  I would tell you that I pride myself on being witty, but the app makes me feel dumb.  I don't feel like anything I post is really ever 'good' enough and I would ask you for your tips.  I would also ask you if you follow anyone that is really funny; because nothing makes me happier than funny day to day events.  I would tell you who my favorites are and would love to know yours.  My username is blogsmaidcass.  I would tell you that one of my favorite Snapchatters is: Kathleen.  If you are not following her, you should be.

If we were on a coffee date, I would ask if you have ever put together a Bachelorette bag.  Basically it's a bag that you fill with bachelorette party essentials for a weekend away with the bride/bridesmaids.  I would ask you if you know of any good websites for all the best bachelorette loot and specifically, which things you used and which things you didn't need at all.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you how burnt out I am with the entire blogging world.  I laugh when I see posts with the @likeittoknowit attached to it.  I cringe when I see another "flat lay" and the top 5 tips for this and that.  I can't wrap my mind around getting paid to blog.  I always received the emails that said "hey write this article for us - that's it - thanks!"  A part of me loves to write, always has, but recently I've become very indifferent with putting my life on the internet.  I would ask you how you keep pressing on when you feel completely different from the popular bloggers.

If we were on a coffee date, I would tell you my day to day schedule.   How every night pretty much revolves around dinners with friends or coming home to watch everything on Bravo: from the Housewives of NYC to Dallas to There Goes the Motherhood.  I can't stop watching the ridiculous reality and I secretly love it.  I would ask you what your favorite tv shows are right now and then I would also tell you that I briefly watched Scandal over the weekend and I TOTALLY GET THE HYPE.


And last, but not least, if we were on a coffee date, I would give you a hug.  Because I'm a hugger and that's what Southerners do.  And mostly because, I feel like that's what America needs right now.  For people to be kind, to let someone cut in front of them in bumper to bumper traffic, for someone to sit down with them and truly listen to them over a hot/cold beverage, and for someone to just give them a hug.  The entire world needs a hug, don't you agree?




Today I'm linking up with Amber and Erin.
They wanted us to come together as a community and just talk about our days, even if we don't actually drink the coffee.  And I love that.




6 comments:

  1. Hi, Cassie! Its so nice to meet you. I'm glad that you decided to join our little internet table this week.

    So, all of the things: I started The Search for Significance with a friend, but I haven't finished it yet. Its honestly kind of wrecking me. The groups at the church where I work and serve are taking a break for the summer, so right now, I'm just doing my quiet time, but I am anxious for them to start back up because I miss my people. As for my quiet time, I'm doing the Genesis study from She Reads Truth, and I highly recommend it if you haven't checked it out yet. Also, like you, I'm trying to avoid the news as much as possible. I used to start out my day every day by checking CNN online, but after a few anxiety attacks, I realized that it probably wasn't great for my health, haha. But I am mourning for Orlando, and struggling to reconcile how these things are still happening with such little action being taken to prevent them. I recently posted a blog about my marriage that you might (hopefully) find uplifting. And lastly, I have totally experienced burn out with the blogging world. I've called it writer's block, and I've even called it fasting. But at the end of the day, I'm so very grateful for my online community, and I could never bear to actually leave for good.

    All the love to you,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, Erin! I completely agree with you on you can't actually leave the blog community. I think we have spent so much time and energy into our blogs that it makes it hard to just end it.

      I am so thankful for you and Amber - creating a link up to get me out of my rut. Gonna go check out your marriage post now! :)

      Delete
  2. YES to this: "I would tell you that I really don't understand some relationships." I feel that it's foreign to most people to WORK at a relationship anymore. If you're not happy, work it out. Don't cheat, don't run...work. I don't understand it and it makes me so sad for the future and what children are learning from it. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Emelia. You couldn't be more right if you tried. I still haven't found anyone to put "work" in for, but I know exactly what you mean. Thank you for commenting; I needed the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi. sometimes when i see someone i'm really excited to see i get awkward and say hi a lot.

    friend. this is my feelings about blogging right now: we all started with the attitude of high school graduates on their way to college. we started thinking we were going to do big things, change the world, and have fancy jobs. then we got two years in and realized fancy jobs aren't that cool, changing the world is hard, and big things aren't nearly as influential as small things. so we have to redirect our course, learn to water our own lawn, and cultivate what's in front of us... even if it feels "lesser" to the other stuff.

    small things with great love. like mama teresa told us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Learn to water our own lawn." You know I never really thought of it like that for blogging. I will get "outside" this weekend and do just that. Thank you.

      Delete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.