HOME     ABout     Contact

8.06.2016

The Delayed Report: July


July was a month of firsts, new beginnings and being reunited with old loves.  It was a really good month and I kinda hated to see it go.  Even though August is looking pretty promising; here is what happened in my world in July…



1.  Less than 24 hours old Babe


Kennedy Rayne Dunlap was born on July 3, 2016 and weighed 6 pounds and was 19 inches long.  I was able to hold her less than 24 hours later, I drove straight home from Tupelo, MS to hold her and it was worth every minute.  Bridget and Ryan, you both are going to be amazing parents.  I am so lucky to love all three of you. 



2.  Fourth of July Group Photo


Every time I make my weekend trips to Tupelo, I always mention that I want to have a group photo taken.  We never do, and I always forget until I get in my car to leave again.  After the firework display, Colleen asked a stranger to take our photo and I love it so much - even if it's semi dark and grainy. 


3.  Beach Ball and Bad Sunburn


When I ordered my most recent Lilly Pulitzer planner, it arrived with two free things: a set of hair ties AND a beach ball.  Since I won't be at the beach anytime soon, I figure I would take it to Tupelo and one of the babies could play with it.  Well, play we did.  The beach ball was a hit and so was my skin.  I didn't apply enough sunscreen and was burnt to a crisp in a couple hours.  I may not go to the beach this summer, but I was definitely a lobster.



4.  Baby Sprinkle


On July 9th, I joined a few more girls to throw a baby sprinkle for our friend, Mandy.  Mandy is currently pregnant with her second baby girl, so we knew a sprinkle would be perfect for her.  Turns out, the weather knew the same thing.  Even though it rained a bit outside, we showered the mom to be with lots of diapers, wipes and some new clothes inside the clubhouse.  The other hostesses were the real MVP's and I can't wait to meet the newest Baby Bounds soon.  




4. ​Reunited with Friends and Food  


I woke up early one Saturday and drove all the way to Laurel to spend a pre-birthday weekend with my friend, Lila.  I immediately asked her to take me to my old college stomping grounds, Hattiesburg, to get my true love: Which Wich.  I also tried grilled corn on the cob for the first time at Conner's house that weekend.  I ate a lot of good food and spent a lot of time laughing with friends so it was a very successful weekend. 



7.  Ghost Dinner/Sunday School Sister 


After the baby sprinkle, I attended a birthday dinner for our sweet friend, Angel.  I write this as part of the events for July because this night was really strange.  Brooke kept ordering things and the waiter would just bring everything to me; he basically treated her like a ghost.  It was very comical due to the fact that her dress was neon pink; like how could he not see her.   The next morning, we went to church and I went into Sunday School for the first time in a long time.  I was reminded of a lot of things in that class and I look forward to the next one. 




8.  Body Shop Balance = $0.00


Midway through July, I was paid for the rest of the damage that was done to my car and was able to pay the body shop the rest that was owed.  Knowing that debt was paid made me extremely happy and secure in knowing the drama for the past two months was officially over.  



9.  Saw Avenue Q


On July 23rd, I went to watch a close friend be the main actress in a local play.  They reminded us that this play was not suitable for children, even though each actor had a puppet on their arm.  It was described as "Sesame Street meets South Park" and it lived up to it's hype.  Taylor was so good and I never stopped laughing.  If you ever hear of Avenue Q come to your town, buy a ticket ASAP. 




The Report is a series I post once a month to list things and events that are currently happening in my life.  Please feel free to tell me your monthly report in the comment section below.  
To read June's report, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.