HOME     ABout     Contact

11.06.2016

The Delayed Report: October


October was all about traditions and new experiences, from bridal showers to a new city to taking a picture with a giant peanut (keep scrolling below to see that one).  I know everyone overuses that phrase, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers,"​ but I truly am glad.  

October was just a wonderful month and my recap is below



1.  First Shower to begin #JoiningTheJoes




On October 2nd, almost all of Kaylee's bridesmaids helped host her first bridal shower at the Matron of Honor's parents house.  Their house is already beautiful so we just needed to add a few flowers and a couple decorations and we were set for the entire day.  Everyone brought a side dish and the bride had plenty of gifts to open.  I made another basket with the help of my mom and the day was an overall success.  I guess I could do a full post on this shower soon, maybe. :)



2.  Finally Purchased New Tires

The next Thursday, I arrived at Firestone to finally buy some new tires.  The lady at the counter couldn't believe I had driven over 76,000 miles in the tires from the dealership.  I have 6 months to pay the bill off without any interest and opened up a Firestone credit card so I could get a rebate back in the mail.  This may be the most #adulting paragraph I've ever written. 



3.  Second Suite Level Game


On the 8th, Kaylee invited me to join them for another football game at Davis Wade Stadium.  Mississippi State played Auburn that day and lost again.  We made our way back to her fiancĂ©'s family's tent by halftime and enjoyed spending the rest of the afternoon eating tailgate food and listening to music on the road trip back home. 



4. Peanut Photo-Op




The next day, Brooke and I took Brailyn and one of her friends to church, lunch and then the Pumpkin Patch.  We had a full day and I am so glad we have this tradition.  I don't know how many more years Bray is going to want to go to the Pumpkin Patch so this year, I really tried to soak all the memories in.  This random photo-op with a stranger dressed as a huge peanut will remind me when I forget. 



5.  Miss Sass and Miss Peregrine



The next night, we went to the movies and watched Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  We ended up at the 3d version, but it wasn't terrible.  I wouldn't suggest letting little kids watch it, I even closed my eyes at one point.  I also could have done without the monsters eating eyeballs, but overall it was a really good movie. 


6.  Second Anniversary = Cotton



October 11 was my younger sister and her husband's second anniversary.  I read that the second anniversary is cotton so I made sure to run in to CVS and purchase some cotton balls (practical and a pun).  I also made sure to run into the Great American Cookie store before dinner that night because it's the bride's favorite cookies. 



7.  Birthday/Baby Shower Dinner



4 days later, I spent the evening at Iron Horse Grill with three of my close gals.  We celebrated Sarah's belated birthday but also threw her a mini baby shower.  She will be having her second baby girl in the next few months and all she wanted was diapers but I threw in a couple custom onesies (from one of my friends, Kara).  



I can't wait to see this new little one come December.  I also drank two margaritas (one for me and one for Sarah - I'm just a good friend like that).   



8.  Giveaway Goodies

Snapchat: blogsmaidcass


A while back, Audrey emailed me to let me know I had won a giveaway! On October 20, I came home to the ones I had ordered.  I am in love and am currently using the marble one.  Cannot wait to put the flamingos on come Spring. 



9.  #LeaveItToWeaver



October 21, 5 of us loaded up the Matron of Honor's car and headed north to somewhere none of us had never been: NASHVILLE, TN.  I planned all the bachelorette bag goodies and will make another blog post of all the vendors used.  There was so much that went into that weekend and I can honestly say we all had a wonderful time.  I don't know when I'll be back to Nashville, but it's a weekend I'll never forget.


10.  My First Massage at 29



If you know me at all, you know that I love being pampered in the areas of getting my hair and nails done.  29 years on Earth and I had never had a massage.  Well, the Bride wanted to go to one of the best salons in Nashville and so we booked appointments at Escape Day Spa and Salon.  

After never having a massage, I decided to go with a 90 minute Swedish massage.  I informed my massage therapist that this was my first massage ever and that I am very ticklish.  I came back to our private locker room and announced to everyone that I FINALLY GET IT.  That may have been my first massage, but it will not be my last. 



11.  An (Almost) Week at the Beach



The Wednesday after Nashville, Mom and I packed our bags and headed to our favorite vacation spot: Perdido Key, Florida for an (almost) week.  We stayed until Tuesday at lunch and came back feeling refreshed and relaxed.  We decided that from now on (if it's just the two of us) we will stay a max of 5 days.  

I am so thankful Joseph drove from Destin to spend the day with mom and I.  It helped break up the routine a bit and I missed him the minute he left.  We ate at our favorite places and even watched all of Stranger Things.  The last week of October was extremely successful and I have a little bit of color to welcome November with. 


What was on your report for October?



The Report is a series I post once a month to list things and events that are currently happening in my life.  Please feel free to tell me your monthly report in the comment section below.  
To read September's report, click here



2 comments:

  1. What a fun October! I have had two massages in my life and I have been itching for a third. I keep telling Keith how incredible they are but he doesn't believe me! My goal in 2017 is to convert him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both get more massages this year in 2017!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.