I'll admit that 2016 had some pretty big highs and some nasty lows; days where I was so happy with myself and the life I had created around me and then days where I was filled with anxiety, anger, or sadness that made me take a step back and look at what I was really doing. I don't really agree with the bandwagon of everyone saying #2016wastheworst, because there was good in the year too. Nobody really cares when you complain so it's better to focus on the positive, ya know?
This year I plan on making a better effort with my little blog, Always a Blogsmaid. I don't know if I should still use this title due to my bridesmaid days ending soon, but I think I still have a lot of life left in this little part of the internet. I read blogs every day and hope to always love sharing my life and reading about others. So without further ado, here are my goals for 2017.
* Go back and read my "30 before 30" list and see how many I can actually obtain before May 2, 2017. Maybe do a blog post to show which ones I've done.
* Read 17 books in 2017.
* Completely pay off my student loan debt by December 31, 2017.
* Be involved and finish at least 2 bible studies: one at the church and one with friends.
* Buy a vitamin case and begin taking probiotics every day.
* On weekends that I am at home, begin cleaning out one dresser drawer or part of my closet at a time - and put some things away in my "hope chest."
* Go to the library at least once a month.
* Be more consistent with blogging - not sure what that looks like yet, but I'm gonna try.
* Continue being an active member of the #PTLOLetterProject, founded by Whitney.
* Sign up for the CPM program through work and begin working towards that certification.
* Set aside money to be able to take a summer lake trip and possibly a fall trip to Disneyworld.
* Have the best possible time in Vegas in March - and possibly see Britney Spears if she is still in concert there!
* No social media after 9 pm the month of February and see the difference that it has on me.
* Begin searching homes/condos and begin talking to real estate agents to know what the ins/outs of home buying is.
* Continue using BeautyCounter and making sure I take care of my skin - including sunscreen and yearly skin checks.
* Subscribe to a new podcast each month. And finally listen to Serial. :)
* Be more encouraging/consistent on social media. Respond to each Instagram comment and make an effort to comment on others. Spread happiness.
And if nothing else, I just want to make a lot of memories with my people.
If that's all i do, that's all that matters this year.