HOME     ABout     Contact

1.21.2017

17 in 2017





I'll admit that 2016 had some pretty big highs and some nasty lows; days where I was so happy with myself and the life I had created around me and then days where I was filled with anxiety, anger, or sadness that made me take a step back and look at what I was really doing.  I don't really agree with the bandwagon of everyone saying #2016wastheworst, because there was good in the year too.  Nobody really cares when you complain so it's better to focus on the positive, ya know?

This year I plan on making a better effort with my little blog, Always a Blogsmaid.  I don't know if I should still use this title due to my bridesmaid days ending soon, but I think I still have a lot of life left in this little part of the internet.  I read blogs every day and hope to always love sharing my life and reading about others.  So without further ado, here are my goals for 2017. 

* Go back and read my "30 before 30" list and see how many I can actually obtain before May 2, 2017.  Maybe do a blog post to show which ones I've done. 

* Read 17 books in 2017.

* Completely pay off my student loan debt by December 31, 2017. 

* Be involved and finish at least 2 bible studies: one at the church and one with friends.

* Buy a vitamin case and begin taking probiotics every day.

* On weekends that I am at home, begin cleaning out one dresser drawer or part of my closet at a time - and put some things away in my "hope chest."

* Go to the library at least once a month. 

* Be more consistent with blogging - not sure what that looks like yet, but I'm gonna try.

* Continue being an active member of the #PTLOLetterProject, founded by Whitney.

* Sign up for the CPM program through work and begin working towards that certification.

* Set aside money to be able to take a summer lake trip and possibly a fall trip to Disneyworld.

* Have the best possible time in Vegas in March - and possibly see Britney Spears if she is still in concert there!

* No social media after 9 pm the month of February and see the difference that it has on me.

* Begin searching homes/condos and begin talking to real estate agents to know what the ins/outs of home buying is. 

* Continue using BeautyCounter and making sure I take care of my skin - including sunscreen and yearly skin checks.

* Subscribe to a new podcast each month.  And finally listen to Serial. :)

* Be more encouraging/consistent on social media.  Respond to each Instagram comment and make an effort to comment on others.  Spread happiness.





And if nothing else, I just want to make a lot of memories with my people.
If that's all i do, that's all that matters this year.


6 comments:

  1. Love the last line, Cassie - that is definitely the most important, and you are so dang good at it! :) Love the no social media after 9 as well - I think I will give that one a try. I've never been a fan of NY resolutions, but I made some this year and loving it so far. It helps keep me on track spiritually, financially, and with food, my ultimate weakness. I've changed my mind on goals/resolutions - they're great! You are an encouragement. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Mandy! Thank you for this sweet comment and always reading my jibberish. I have been trying the social media thing for less than a week and I already love it. I love and miss you. You're doing an amazing job yourself - never forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I hope you have a fabulous 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do too! Email me about your moving situation ;)

      Delete
  4. I always love reading your blogs! Thanks for being real. Sometimes social media just makes everyone's lives seem perfect, but none of us are. We all go through struggles and sometimes no one knows. You are beautiful and I'm so glad God placed you in my life many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right, dear Bridget! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Love you!

      Delete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.