HOME     ABout     Contact

2.18.2017

The Girl Behind The Blog


Over the last few weeks, I've been making mental notes of some of my favorite bloggers and the posts they write that I enjoy the most.  Some are always less appealing to me (fashion ones) just because I have no sense of fashion whatsoever, but I truly enjoy the daily routines, day-in-the-life posts, mini snapshots and weekend recaps.  

So I am going to take those favorites to heart and tell you a little bit about me today, for any new followers/readers in the mix.  I don't know if I've ever done one of these before, so I am going to format this post like one of my favorite Nashvillian bloggers, Natasha at Hello Happiness!





Why I blog...

I created this blog back in September 2010 (7 years ago, that's crazy!) and the only way I remember is because of my URL: cassandralynn23.  I was 23 years old, had just graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi that May, and was beginning my post-grad life.  I was trying to learn how to be a working woman while still maintaining my college friendships mixed with a little travel on the weekends.  Some of my friends were in the life stages of getting married and having babies and I was around for all of it. 

I knew I would never be a fashion/food blogger, so I tried to categorize my blog as a lifestyle blog where I could just talk about what goes on in my day to day life.  However, over the years it has turned mostly into a diary.  I just want to document the events of my life so I will be able to remember them when I get older, everything from brides to babies to bouquets. 





More of the PERSONAL side....

+ My full name is Cassandra Lynn Gregory, but I go by Cassie.  (Fun fact: my name on Facebook is Cassie Lynn and some people think that Lynn is my last name - so much so, that I am now getting invites in the mail as Ms. Cassie Lynn). 

+ Single for 29 years and counting…


+ Live outside of Jackson, MS.  Not sure I ever want to leave Mississippi, but I wouldn't mind moving to a different city in the central region of the state. 


+ People refer to me as 27 dresses - I am constantly being asked how many weddings I have been in and how many bridesmaid dresses I own. 


+ I HATE wearing heels.  I try to get away with wearing flats/flip flops wherever I go. 

+ I LOVE to travel... from my weekends to New Orleans, Gulfport, Natchez and Tupelo to my annual trips to Perdido Key, Florida.  This past year I went to Nashville for the first time and I cannot wait to go to Vegas for the first time in less than ONE month!

+ The other details: total southern girl, both graduate and heart, a true type-A personality who loves stationery and writing handwritten thank you notes, making baby/bridal baskets, being a hostess & throwing parties, doing yoga and spending time with friends/family. 


+ Obsessed with Dr. Pepper, deviled eggs, dressing up for themed parties, NEW ORLEANS, big sunglasses, chocolate, pickles/olives, songs that I put on repeat until I get sick of it, Vanderpump Rules and the Real Housewives of every city. 


+ Biggest pet peeve: When you're in the correct lane during rush hour traffic and someone races past you to cut in front and holds the whole line of traffic up. 








Fill in the Blank


The Best Advice I've Ever Received

​"Keep dancing, it will take you places."  That advice took me all the way to Rome, Italy and I'll never forget it. 


Favorite Quote

​"Stay in your own lane." - Bethenny Frankel/Lauryn Evarts from The Skinny Confidential


Favorite Vacation Spots

​Perdido Key​, Florida; New Orleans​; Nashville​


Five Things I Cannot Live Without (excluding family, 
friends,​ faith, and God)
Caffeine​, iPhone, French Fries​, Music, and Sleep . 


Favorite Thing to Cook

​I don't cook, but I can cook scrambled eggs.  It's not my favorite food, but it's a start. 
 

Something Surprising About Me 
have never had a boyfriend for longer than 6 months.  And all my relationships over the years add up to just one total year combined. 


Most Trusted Beauty Secret
​Beautycounter Face Collection - specifically the Rosewater Spray.

Drink of Choice 

​Frozen Margarita with salt and a lime on the rim

Favorite Song
​This constantly changes, but I will always love "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman.


Women I Admire
My mom​, Emily Loftiss, Chelsea Handler, and all the ladies I know in my life (each one has taught me something). 

Books on My Bedside Table
​I have a lot and plan on doing a blog post soon, but here is a few:  How to hang a Witch, Bite Me, Breaking Vegan, Eleanor & Park, and Save the Date.

Free Time Favorites
I love 
reading girly fiction, weekends at the lake/beach/cities with friends​, singing loudly in the car to 90's music​watching movies, making baskets for momma's to be or bride's to be​, and shopping for 

​other people. 







Did I leave anything out?  
What else do you want to know about me?  
Tell me one of your favorite things/books in the comments below! ​





2 comments:

  1. Cassie! I can't believe you didn't include deviled eggs on your "obsessed with" list. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA OMG - I should have!! I'll have to edit this whenever I get back on WIFI. Thank you for reminding me! ��

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.