HOME     ABout     Contact

7.10.2017

From the Strip to the Square (Part One)


Back in March, I traveled to Las Vegas for a co-ed bachelorette/bachelor party pretty much hosted by the bride/groom + their parents.  Let that sink in and then forget everything you are thinking because it was nothing like the Hangover, but it was also a wonderful time in a city that truly never sleeps.

My friend Taylor and I haven't traveled together across country and when we booked our tickets, we had the dates of March 17-21.  The other crew all got the dates of March 16-20, but we didn't mind.  We booked our flights from New Orleans to LAX to Vegas - not only that but we worked all day on that Thursday, got a late dinner, watched the latest movie and then drove 4 hours to NOLA at midnight and arrived at the airport at 4 am - two hours before our flight took off.  Now looking back at it, DO NOT do it this way.  Find a smarter route. 

I guess I thought I was going to be able to see California (since I've never been), no Cass - you will see one or two terminals, that's it.  Rookie mistake.




First selfie in the NOLA long-term parking garage 



Layover at LAX 



Waiting to get off the plane in Vegas.  I had no clue what I was in for….




Ready for dinner 



On our way to dinner in an Uber to Binion's Steakhouse/Late night at Freemont Street



On about 5 hours of sleep since Thursday morning, a day at the spa.  It was LITERALLY the best thing that could have happened to me that Saturday morning.







Waiting on our next Uber headed to a japanese restaurant where I was hit on by the cook. 


A Taco Bell on the Strip with alcohol slushies. 







Our crew at a country bar.  
You can take us out of Mississippi, but you can't take Mississippi out of us. 




Sightseeing at The Venetian 


Flamingos @ The Flamingo 


Gotta buy that touristy photo


My first time eating here.  It was good, but I do like 5 guys better. 






Sent this to Lauryn and Michael while on our layover coming home.


Funny story:  I bought one of these sets for my brother-in-law for his Poker themed birthday party.  I got to security at the Las Vegas airport and they took my carry-on and searched it because it looked like a black box on the security camera.  The lady rubbed it down with a specific cloth and then asked me if it was chocolate.  No lady, it's heavy poker chips.  How many times do you think they search people's bags every day?  It must get old, but a great story for my brother-in-law and I to share for years to come. 

I had the best time in Vegas.  I saw a lot of things, sweat a lot (in March), made lifetime bonds with some incredible people, saw the fountains at The Bellagio, ate all the food at the Mirage Buffet, gambled a little and lost money, and even made it into the Omnia nightclub.  I did not have enough time in Vegas and had to catch up on sleep for over a week, but I wouldn't have changed my experience for anything.  I just wish I would have seen a Vegas show - I guess I'm just gonna have to go back. :) 

Part 2 coming up: the Vegas party moves to Oxford, MS.



Have you ever been to Vegas? 


2 comments:

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.